Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy New Year


Fairly early on New Year's Eve, and the kids were having a great time.

They played basketball with Daddy, went swimming and best of all they played with the sparklers.

Chelsea and Kobi just love sparklers and that was all they wanted me to buy for them for new year's eve.

You would not believe just how hard it was to get sparklers during the day on new year's eve. Definately a party essential and nowhere had any. I think that I went to just about every shop in the centre that I thought would sell them, always getting the same response, "sorry we have sold out"

It looked a bit bleak and I thought sadly of how disappointed my babies would be when I came home empty handed.....no sparklers!!

I stopped into the corner shop on the way home, thinking definately will not find any sparklers here, but thought, hey, it's not going to hurt just to take a look. To my surprise they had quite a few packets and it looked as though they were not going to sell out of these sparklers.

But these were not just any ordinary old sparklers.....these were star shaped sparklers. Yes these are mine, as I grabbed a couple of packets, took them to the counter and paid for them.

The first thing I was asked when I arrived back home, with arms full of shopping bags, was not 'hey would you like some help' but instead 'did you get us some sparklers?' Oh the suspense when I did not answer, but continued with the shopping into the house with both of them hanging off me begging and pleading to find out if I actually had their sparklers.

I slowly slid my hand into one shopping bag, then another and another and finally pulled out the packets of sparklers. Oh the look of excitement on their little faces was enough to know that my searching was indeed well worth it, even if at the time I didn't think so.

They thought the star shaped sparklers were absolutely fantastic, and no sooner that one went out they were begging for another and another.

No comments:

Post a Comment